Get Natural treatments for mental health Now
Protect Your Mind and Body the Natural Way
Find Out How Yoga Can Change Your Life
Yoga for Senior Citizens Helps you sleep
I research information about healthy heart solutions, diet, Atrial Fibrillation and the health benefits of Yoga exercise. All of these elements are essential to incorporate and are vital to your physical, spiritual and mental health. Get natural treatments for mental health now. Healthy foods, the right diet and exercise will surely reduce your chances for heart disease.
Today I am going to talk about a mix of subjects all healthy. Why do we keep giving our money to the big Pharma? We can get natural treatments for mental health that are actually good for you and no chemicals. The natural treatment for mental health that I’m referring to is just plain and simple healthy foods and exercise and of course, yoga for senior citizens helps you sleep. It really is the solution. You’ll see the correlation between the calming effects of yoga and heart disease, anxiety, depression, anger, panic attacks and even insomnia.
I’ll start with atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) and anxiety. All too often I hear someone saying they are so stressed out and can’t sleep. I feel your pain. Consequently, sleep deprivation is hard on your heart, so if you already have heart disease such as a prior heart attack or A-Fib, the consequences are challenging. There are a tremendous number of other disorders that I’d love to discuss in this article, but one subject stands out as many people suffer from this and its sleep deprivation.
How Dangerous is sleep Deprivation?
The short answer is that while 29% of US adults indicate that they suffer from a lack of sleep, anywhere from 16% to 28% have been diagnosed with a chronic sleep disorder. Below are some symptoms to be aware of when you have sleep deprivation.
Lack of focus-An inability to concentrate, difficulty focusing on simple tasks throughout the day. Being rummy at work is no fun. That’s no fun.
Lowered Immune Response-Another symptom of not getting enough sleep is a weakened immune system, one of the early symptoms of sleep deprivation is a reduced ability to fight infections. You don’t want to be sick.
Mental and emotional problems- When a pattern of sleep deprivation persists, your risk for mental illness increases. You may also exhibit severe mood swings. Chemical reactions that occur in your brain due to lack of sleep. Other problems are depression and anxiety which can be devastating.
Take back control of your life!
Doctors prescribe yoga, that’s awesome!
- Drink caffeine only in the morning.
- Avoid mobile devises at night.
- Wake up at the same time every morning, being consistent helps.
- Stay away from sedatives.
- Nap when you feel tired.
- Read a book or watch a movie to fall asleep by. (Try reading a boring book).
- Lastly, seek the help of your physician if this continues. (Or you can yoga your way to health).
This practice isn’t just for improving core strength, flexibility, and stress levels. When people that suffer with insomnia perform yoga on a daily basis, they fall asleep faster, longer and return to sleep quicker after waking up in the middle of the night. Practicing can help young kids and adolescent kids with anger issues or Autism, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, some of them include PSTD. Physicians want to find alternatives to medicine since they’ve been cracking down on them for prescribing pain killers. The healthcare system is very costly these days, it’s time for alternate medicine.
Try alternative methods when you have A-Fib symptoms
Doctors NOW Discovering the benefits of yoga for their patients!
In a study done in 2015, it was found that A-Fib patients who were instructed to participate in a daily practice of yoga (a mindfulness low impact exercise known for its ability to calm the body and mind) reported fewer atrial fibrillation symptoms. Rather than prescribing medication, many doctors are turning to more alternative methods – and yoga is at the top of the list. Find out more about what doctors are recommending below.
Why Doctors Recommend Yoga. Protect Your Mind and Body the Natural Way
Researchers in India found that 16 weeks of yoga sessions, atrial fibrillation (a-fib) patients saw their episodes of arrythmia drop by almost half. Their mental well-being also got a boost. The report adds to evidence that yoga can help control a-fib symptoms like palpitations, breathlessness, dizziness, tiredness, weakness, According to Dr. Lakkireddy in 2013. He led a small study of a-fib patients that resulted in similar conclusions. Slower paced yoga, with focus on breathing and mindful physical poses, helped people reduce their symptoms.
(As an associate of Amazon, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you).
Yoga is a different form of exercise that’s really good mentally as well.
How Yoga helps your Body and mind
Find a sense of inner peace and practice yoga to support a healthier and happier you! “Beyond the physical elements of yoga, which are important and effective for strengthening the body, medical yoga also incorporates appropriate breathing techniques, mindfulness, and meditation in order to achieve the maximum benefits,” NLM reports
Anger, a study conducted by the Academy of Family Physicians of India in 2021 suggests that yoga can improve your ability to regulate and process emotions better, which is key to managing your anger.
There is wealth of research to suggest that yoga can help people who experience panic attacks due to underlying mental health issues. Particularly through the easing of symptoms associated with anxiety disorders and PSTD. Practicing has been known to reduce feelings of nervousness and enhance mindfulness and is considered to be potentially beneficial for people with anxiety disorders, including panic disorder. Read more and find out how breathing techniques can help you unwind and relax you.
Deep breathing techniques for relaxation
Get Started at home or in a studio!
1. Do yoga asanas and relieve your stress of mind. Taking your attention to breath can help free your mind of unnecessary clutter of thoughts that breed anxiety.
2. Meditate to enjoy the gift of a relaxed mind. Concentrate on your breathing and go to your happy place.
3. Yoga is instrumental in helping kids with autism and learn self-regulation. By becoming aware of their bodies and aware of their breathing. Practicing provides them the ability to cope when they start feeling anxious. Just breathe, it’s that simple.
4. For depression yoga is a gentle exercise that incorporates both meditation and controlled, physical movements. Focus on deep breathing and stretching your body is effective for relieving the symptoms of depression, such as sleep troubles, pain and a loss of energy.
5. Yoga decreases the stress response, and it increases the relaxation response. This helps to quiet the mind and body, and with regular practices you’ll sleep better.
Try not to eat for 3 hours prior to practicing yoga
Before you practice, it’s important to know that if you want the full effects of your session, do not eat 3 hours prior to practicing. In 3 hours’, time, your body will have digested all food resulting in an empty stomach required for yoga. The exception is lime juice or fruits.
Food to eat while you are practicing yoga If you’re following a yogic diet. Fruits of all types, those that are naturally sweet. Whole grains and oats. Wheat and rice, beans and tofu. Eat lite the day of your yoga practice, easily digestive foods like soups, sprouts, fruit and vegetables but don’t eat anything 30 minutes prior to your yoga class. Below are some suggestions on what a healthy yogic diet for you is.
Yoga, and a healthy You!
If you’ve started doing yoga, you can make changes to your diet and modify your eating habits daily. Do not make sudden changes to your diet rather, gradually move toward yogic eating. It’s important to eat nutritious foods high in fiber, vitamins, healthy fats and natural sugar to keep you grounded and satisfied.
1. Dark leafy greens from kale to collards, mustard and arugula. Dark leafy greens are full of vitamins c, e and k, iron fiber, calcium and more. Eat them in a salad or a smoothie.
2. Raw Cocoa, the super food that’s loaded with antioxidants to fight disease, flavonoids reduce the risk of heart disease and magnesium to support emotional health. Yoga has been found to help people live longer, happier lives.
3. Quinoa is the super grain giving you energy and concentration. Quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids, iron for healthy blood. Vitamin B2 helps with energy production in cells and magnesium for blood sugar control.
4. Porridge is high in fiber, low on the glycemic index scale and been found to lower cholesterol. Make it with cinnamon or cardamom. It’s easy to digest and slow burning which is great for sustaining energy.
5. Berries are high in disease fighting antioxidants. High in fiber, berries stave off hunger.
6. Tofu is a complete protein and supplies 9 essential amino acids our bodies can’t produce on their own.
7. Fresh fruit like blueberries are also antioxidants and high in fiber.
8. Lemon water kick starts your digestive system and helps to alkalize the body which helps control the development and spread of disease. It also keeps the muscles and joints healthy.
Eat smart and start your regimen today!
Discuss your plans for a regimen with your doctor prior to starting.
I’m sure you can come up with a lot of other ways to get your nutrition that’s satisfying and tasty! Gordon Ramsey is my go-to on recipes, and Rachel Rae. I call my daughter a plant base chef, I couldn’t even tell I was eating a corn dog made from plants! She said the trick is the spices, depending on what you’re eating, and also some food brands are better than others. So, it doesn’t hurt to try new things once in a while!
Don’t miss out, go to a Yoga class and reward yourself!
Now is the time for you to do this for yourself. As mom’s and dad’s, we’re always on the go, trying to please everyone else. not stopping to take care of ourselves. Your mental health depends on you. Take time for you because you deserve it! And by all means, research, there are so many different types of yoga, that’s why it’s so personal and tailored to your needs.
There’s is a reason for everything!
If you are here reading this, it must be time for you to make a change. Don’t wait, make yoga your daily routine, you won’t regret it.
If you’ve never been to a yoga class, I’d like to say that practicing yoga teaches us more than just stretches and poses. It allows you to reach deep within to find your inner self and bring calming and peace to your soul. It helps you live in the moment, be present and allows you to search inside and find out what really makes you feel good inside, a sense of self-worth.
I’ve covered a lot of ground and gave you a glimpse into how we can all change our lives by diversity empowerment and control over our bodies in the choices we make. Eating right and exercising keeps us living longer, healthier lives and isn’t that what we all hope for?
Feel free to leave a comment below, I’d like to hear from you. Let me know if you struggle with heart disease and what you do differently that works?
Best wishes, Sherry
Try Yoga at Home, 5-Day Absolution ot reccommended for Beginners